Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Welcome to my art room blog.  Here I will feature all of my projects from my students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade.  Many of my projects are inspired by things I have seen on pinterest, art teacher blogs, museum sites and artsonia.  I usually see an idea and tweak it a bit.  I am a big fan of mixed media and collage so many of my projects involve layered materials.

This year I have decided to try something new.  I am going to choose one artist for each unit in the curriculum for grades k-5.  My first set of projects was inspired by the work of Wassily Kandinsky.  I looked at the enduring understandings and essential questions for each grade level and developed projects to meet those objectives.  I used scholastic art magazine and created a powerpoint that focused on Kandinsky's exploration of music and art.  Above  are the results.

No comments: